COVID-19 And The Doula Fund
First and foremost, we here at The Doula Fund hope that wherever you are, you are safe, and your hands have been washed recently.
COVID-19 and Coronavirus are, of course dominating the news and each of our lives at the moment. In the middle of your own social distancing, we wanted to take a brief moment to update you on the mission of The Doula Fund, and what you can expect from us moving forward.
- First, we are not going anywhere! You may see less of us around, and will likely see a slow down of our fundraising and online activities, but we will still be here, and we will be ready for when moms-to-be need Doulas.
- We don't know when we will be able to provide Doula Support! This has less to do with us and more to do with the Niagara Health System's policies. We have heard mixed reports about hospitals' policied regarding doula support during childbirth. These policies seem to be set by each individual hospital and we are doing our best to stay on top of new developments.
- We are still looking for Niagara region Doulas to work with us! If you are BOTH certified AND insured, we want to hear from you! Please click here to apply to be pre-approved to be a doula with us. We'd love to meet you! (Over video chat.)
- We are still looking for moms-to-be! Pregnancy is a long process, and we are certainly aware of the potential for a "Corona Baby Boom" come late December-early January. We currently have funding for 3 supported births, and until we hear that doulas will not be permitted to accompany women to births, we will continue offering our service. If you are in need of a doula and cannot afford one, please to click here and apply for funding.
We want to provide you with as many good resources as possible. Linked below are the Federal and regional COVID-19 info pages as well as an excellent Q&A from American doctor and Youtuber Dr. Aaron Carroll.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak updates, symptoms, prevention, travel, preparation - Canada.ca
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Niagara Region, Ontario
- Coronavirus Questions and Answers 3-18-2020
Stay safe, we'll all get through this as a Village.